" Grant that I may never again seek any pleasure other than that of pleasing You, of visiting You often, of speaking with You... "
St. Alphonsus Liguori
  • main
  • main2
  • main3
  • main4
  • main5
  • main6
  • main7
  • main8
  • main9
  • main12
  • main14
  • main15
  • main16
  • main17
  • main19
  • main20
  • vocations7
  • CSsR Voc Pic

Our Doctoral Student at Durham University...

Fr Ed Hone C.Ss.R., is more than half way through his doctoral studies at Durham University.

He spoke to us the other day and gave us some insight into his course...

durhamuninew

"I am currently studying at Durham for the DThM (Doctorate in Theology and Ministry), and involved in various aspects of college life. St John's College is home to Cranmer Hall and the Wesley Study Centre, which prepare men and women for ministry in the Anglican and Methodist traditions.

Over the years, the college has worked closely with Ushaw seminary on various pastoral modules.

This year, I have been appointed to the Examination Board, to assist in assessing the 35 undergraduate students on their mission course. The course involves, amongst other things, the students being formed into teams which have to envision, plan and deliver a mission weekend in partnership with a local Church of England or Methodist congregation.

The mission weekend experiences are then written up in essays which reflect pastorally and theologically on what took place.

This feels very much like Redemptorist mission territory!

My involvement at Ushaw teaching on the Preaching and Presentation module and giving input on other pastoral and theological issues will sadly come to an end with the closure of the college this year.

fr.ed

My head isn't entirely in the academic clouds!

I am continuing to give:
workshops and retreats with Dr Roísín Coll,
am giving an eight day retreat to Daughters of Charity,
will be with the Carmelite Sisters in Falkirk for the Easter Triduum,
and continue writing for publication.

Keep up the good work with the web site!"

Fr. Ed Hone C.Ss.R.

durham

Durham Cathedral in the snow!