• main14
  • main15
  • main16
  • main17
  • main19
  • main20
  • vocations7
  • CSsR Voc Pic

St Gerard Majella - A Brother - A Saint...

Our Beloved Brother Gerard! 

Happy Feast Day 16th Oct - Enjoy your celebrations!

Have you thought of becoming a brother or a saint within our CSsR family!?

gerard majella copy

October 16, 2013

Rome

Dear Confreres, Sisters, Lay Associates and Friends,

Greetings and best wishes for the feast of St. Gerard Majella, C.Ss.R. His single-hearted commitment to the Will of God bore fruit in his dedication to the abandoned and the poor. Even in his lifetime, he was renowned for his compassion and his prayer, for miracles and for closeness to ordinary people. Especially during this Year for the Promotion of the Redemptorist Missionary Vocation, may the example and the prayers of St. Gerard inspire and accompany us in renewing our missionary identity. In particular, may he stir all of us to a greater appreciation of the special vocation of the Redemptorist Brother as a witness to consecrated life. May God bless us all as we celebrate our brother Gerard! May our Mother of Perpetual Help guide us and renew us.

Your brother in the Redeemer,

Michael Brehl, C.Ss.R.

(Superior General CSsR)

Click below to find a prayer for Motherhood and much more!

For Motherhood

O good Saint Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and Wonderworker of our day, I call upon thee and seek thy aid. Thou who on earth didst always fulfill God’s designs, help me to do the holy Will of God. Beseech the Master of Life, from Whom all paternity proceedeth, to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the Kingdom of His Glory in the world to come. Amen.

A very good and newly published book to consider investing in is 

Saint Gerard Majella: Rediscovering a Saint

by Fr Brendan McConvery CSsR

gerard majellafrontcover1 page 1.jpg thumbnail0

available from RP